As Christians from the same background living in a changed situation, facing the new challenges, we desire to foster and develop our Christian identity and fellowship, prepared to respond to God’s calling in the new situation.
The fellowship has aimed to bring together an interdenominational group of Christians from the same background to worship and fellowship together, to provide pastoral care in times of need and pray together for common concerns.
We aim to:
- Respond to God’s calling trusting in the Grace of God given to us through His Son and the Holy Spirit.
- Encourage and promote our personal enhancement of our Christian faith to be prepared for our Christian walk.
- Provide our children the Christian fellowship for their growth into Christian life facing their challenges in the contemporary situation.
- Bring together many outside the group to enrich the fellowship in Christ and strengthen our purpose.
- Continue and develop the caring and comfort (pastoral care) provided by this Fellowship in times of grief and joy.
- Encourage every member to develop their personal gifts through active participation and contribution.
Our Monthly Service
The SLCF meets monthly on the first Saturday of each month at 7.30pm except in December when the Carol Service is held on the second Saturday and the Watch Night Service is held on December 31st at 11.00pm. Special collection is taken at the Carol Service and this is used to support worthy causes in Sri Lanka. The services are open to all. Over the years many Indian, Malaysian & Singaporean families have joined us.
The SLCF encourages all its members to participate actively in their respective churches and not to consider SLCF as an alternative.
The Fellowship mainly relies on Ministers and Pastors within South Australia to help us at our services. We greatly appreciate their willingness to help. Periodically we have organised day and weekend retreats.
The services are planned and conducted by groups of families and they take charge of the service and the fellowship supper afterwards. This has provided for active participation and further commitment by the members.