The church is on the corner of Portrush Road and Fisher Street, Tusmore.
A plan showing the ground floor and relevant first floor rooms can be emailed to enquirers.
The building has a spacious, very pleasant foyer containing tables and chairs. People attending functions can be served refreshments from a well equipped Servery which is on one side of the foyer. In addition there is a large and well equipped kitchen, between the foyer and the Hall. People attending functions at the church can also obtain lunches at the nearby Burnside Village or other local cafes.
Room details and charges
We believe these charges are similar to comparable facilities elsewhere. The prices shown include GST. Practice, setting up and clean up times are to be included in the hire period if applicable. Note there is a minimum $250 hiring fee for one-off events; this minimum does not apply to frequent hirers and can be waived under some circumstances.
|Ground floor||Maximum Number of people||Cost per hour (or part thereof)|
|Foyer and Servery||100||37|
|Kitchen (with any other room)||N/A||26|
|First floor||Maximum Number of people||Cost per hour (or part thereof)|
The Worship Centre is normally set up with 200 upholstered chairs. Should the hirer request extra seating, an additional amount of $50 will be charged to set up and pack away 50 additional chairs and $100 for 100 additional chairs.
There are 31 on-site car parks, including two designated disabled. We suggest to large groups that these are used by those who are frail.
Audio, visual and lighting equipment
We are privileged to have high quality AVL equipment. Our operators are trained in the use of this equipment. Hirers may be able to negotiate terms under which one of our operators will operate this equipment. Regular hirers may be able to arrange for competent persons they nominate to be trained. Otherwise, we will not allow any other person to operate our equipment. Hirers are welcome to provide their own equipment
- The facilities are only hired for activities which are consistent with the purposes and policies of the Uniting Church in Australia.
- At this stage we do not hire the facilities for birthday parties for children or young adults.
- All external hirers must complete a hiring agreement in advance.
- They must also provide a Certificate of Currency showing that they have Public Liability Insurance for a minimum of $20 million in force.
- Alcohol may only be consumed on the premises after obtaining the specific approval of the Church Council.